The Golden basilica: that’s how St.Mark’s church is called. A beautiful cathedral built during a thousand year that preserves an invaluable treasure made of golden mosaics. Discover the history and the secrets of one of the most beautiful cathedrals in the world during a one-hour tour with a local expert.
Meet your local guide in Piazza San Marco and discover during a 1-hour express tour, one of the symbols of the city. This golden jewel will leave you speechless and you will never forget the feeling of being inside the most terrific basilica of Venice. This is the Venetian heart of Catholicism that in Italy is part of everyday life.
This extraordinary church preserves the body of Saint Mark and, the glory around him, created a real cult. Your local guide will tell you more about Mark the evangelist and his symbol that you can find everywhere in the city: the lion. Continue your visit admiring the golden domes and learning more about Bizantine stylish of the basilica.
Finally, reach St.Mark museum and the panoramic terrace to admire the amazing view on Saint Mark's square, called “Europe’s living room”, thanks to the elegance of the buildings and for the people who gather everyday in this beautiful place. Your guide will tell you about the story of the horse statues located on the top of the basilica and you’ll see the city from a completely different point of view. A real must-do experience.
- See the best of Saint Mark’s basilica in just a 1-hour guided tour
- Priority ticket and entrance to Saint Mark’s museum
- Listen to stories and legends about this charming place
- Admire the Golden mosaics of the domes
All year round
Everyday at 2:00 PM
Local guide, Saint Mark’s museum entrance ticket, St. Mark’s basilica priority ticket (when available)
From 2 to 10 people
The access to guided tours and activities (whether indoor or outdoor) will be allowed only to those in possession of a Green Covid-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). This provision do not apply to children under 12 years old and to individuals with specific medical certification. The green certification issued by the USA, Japan, Canada and Israel are also valid. Read more
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is guaranteed with a minimum number of 2 participants
- Please remember that you have to follow a precise dress code for the Basilica entrance: shoulders, knees and thighs need to be covered so please avoid short dresses, tank tops, shorts and hats (for men). It is not allowed to enter with large bags, animals, weapons, lighters and scissors
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes in advance
- In case of delay, contact the emergency number +39-327-4674179
Full refund for cancellations received at least within 24 hours before the activity
, read more
This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that Saint Mark Basilica can be closed to the public in case of high tides. In this case, we will inform the participants and we will provide an alternative.