Doge’s palace and Saint Mark’s Basilica are the heart of Venice. With your local guide, explore the beautiful cathedral that preserves an invaluable treasure made of golden mosaics and the Doge’s palace embellished by the most famous Italian painters. Discover the most iconic places of Venice during a 3.5 hours guided tour.
Meet the local guide and start an incredible journey through history and art to discover two of the most famous places in Venice: First, Doge's palace and second, Saint Mark's basilica. Doge's palace is a stunning building embellished by the most famous Italian artists of 1500. Masterpieces of Italian painters such as Tintoretto, Tiziano and Veronese are preserved in this place. Discover the secrets of Venice governments, visit the prisons and listen to legends around this palace.
In Doge’s palace you will lose track of time and you will fly with your imagination to the past when these beautiful halls were full of people discussing the destiny of Venice. Many legends and stories populate the palace and the prisons. See how the prisoners lived and cross the Bridge of Sighs, like they used to do in the past.
Continue the tour visiting Saint Mark’s basilica, a beautiful cathedral built during a thousand year that preserves an invaluable treasure made of golden mosaics, masterpieces of Venetian artisans. Your guide will tell you the history and the secrets of one of the most beautiful basilicas in the world, reach St.Mark museum and the panoramic terrace to admire the amazing view on Saint Mark's square. Your guide will tell you about the story of the horse statues located on the top of the basilica and you’ll see the city from a completely different point of view. A real must-do experience.
- See two of the most important places in Venice in just a 3.5 hours tour
- Priority tickets and guided visits with a local expert
- Visit Doge's Palace, the Bridge of Sighs and Saint Mark’s basilica
- Listen to stories and legends about this enchanting places
All year round
Everyday at 2:00 PM
Licensed guide, Entrance ticket to the Saint Mark's Basilica, Entrance ticket to the Doge's palace
From 2 to 10 people
The access to guided tours and activities (whether indoor or outdoor) will be allowed only to those in possession of a Green Covid-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). This provision do not apply to children under 12 years old and to individuals with specific medical certification. The green certification issued by the USA, Japan, Canada and Israel are also valid. Read more
- Minors must be accompanied by at least one adult
- This tour is guaranteed with a minimum number of 2 participants
- Please remember that you have to follow a precise dress code for the Basilica entrance: shoulders, knees and thighs need to be covered so please avoid short dresses, tank tops, shorts and hats (for men). It is not allowed to enter with large bags, animals, weapons, lighters and scissors
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes in advance
- In case of delay, contact the emergency number +39-327-4674179
Full refund for cancellations received at least within 24 hours before the activity
, read more
This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that Saint Mark’s basilica and Doge's Palace can be closed to the public in case of high tides. In this case, we will inform the participants and we will provide an alternative